Saturday, September 12, 2009
Motor Row Historic District [Maxwell-Briscoe Automobile Co. Building]
Maxwell-Briscoe Automobile Co. Building ..
Address: 1737 South Michigan Avenue ..
Architect: Ernest Walker ..
The building has been designated a Chicago Landmark in 2000 ..
Listed In The National Register in 2002 ..
The building was designed by Ernest Walker, who previously spent years working in the offices of Henry Ives Cobb ... It was built by the heirs of the William B. Howard estate, whose family home stood on the site, and leased to the auto company. It reflects how drastically the area changed from exclusive residential to commercial at the turn of the century ..
For more on..
Motor Row Historic District, click here ..
Posted by Jyoti at 9/12/2009 11:30:00 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment