Saturday, September 12, 2009

Motor Row Historic Distric [BF Goodrich Co. showroom]

BF Goodrich Co. showroom
1925 South Michigan Avenue ..
Completed: 1911
Architect: Christian Eckstorm

The building was designed as BF Goodrich Tire showroom. This Second Empire style building has beautiful terra cotta facade, and the structure is a combination of cast iron, steel and heavy timber. The City of Chicago is also filing to have the building designated as a national landmark.

Now the building has been renovated so that part of the building will be rental property and part serve as the private dwelling unit of the owner. The first floor and rear half of the second and third floor were renovated for retail space. The front portion of the second and third floor are the owners private dwelling.

For more on:
# Motor Row Historic District .. click here ..

No comments: